The Article 19(e) (ii) of NUT Constitution 2010 as mandated all the state wing of NUT to establish Co-operative Society in their respective states thereby enhancing the socio-economic status of its members.
Consequent upon the above a Co-operative Officer in the name Dauda Bama Yusuf was appointed in January, 2010 to establish Cooperative Department of NUT FCT Wing and soon after his resumption he with the unions’ Trustees(Com. Hassan Jibir-Chairman, late: Adams N. Zakari-Secretary and Bala Mangtu-Treasurer) under Com. Hassan Jibir Administration swung into action and came up with a bye-laws which was deliberated upon by Both State Wing Standing Committee (SWSC) and State wing Executive Council (SWEC) severally which was eventually ratified by the SWEC.
In the light of the above FCT Wing of the Union established a welfare scheme named:
NUT-FCT WING MULTIPURPOSE COOPERATIVE SOCIETY LTD, ABUJA in the year 2010 but commenced operation in January, 2011 with fourteen (14) pioneer members mainly staff that started it to serves as a litmus test before FCT Teachers joined in 2012.
Pioneer trustees and other members of management were:
- Chairman Adamu D. Adamu.
- Secretary Dauda Bama Yusuf.
- Treasurer Muhammed Raji-Ademola.
Nine (9) NUT Branch Representatives namely:
- Sanusi A. Ismaila Abaji Branch Rep.
- Omolaye Victor Bwari Branch Rep.
- Kunle Salawu Jibril Gwagwalada Branch Rep.
- Apollo Mela Sam Karshi Branch Rep.
- Omoniyi M. Abdulmajeed Kuje Branch Rep.
- Austin C. Cole Kwali Branch Rep.
- Reuben Agasa Municipal Branch Rep.
- Onwukwe Stephen Rubochi Branch Rep.
- Banda Jande Victoria Yaba Branch Rep.
The Cooperative was incorporated by the Registrar of Cooperatives FCT, Abuja on the 11th July 2011 with Registration number 15659.